English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the population: the inhabitants, the people, the society, the citizens, the populace
- "We have a North Island and a South Island, our population is around 4.3 million, and our capital city is Wellington."
- "Boston is also known for its large population of Irish and Italian immigrants!"
- "With around 20% of the British population currently falling into the "obese" category, and a further 40% being classified as "overweight", the government decided a change was necessary."
- "New York City: the homeless population has risen to a record level: over 300,000 people are sleeping in the streets."
- "The most contagious (and potentially fatal) strain of the virus, called H5N1, has the potential to decimate the global bird population."
- "Australia's population is about 22 million, and our capital city is Canberra."
- "Despite making up only 2% of the world's population, the Japanese account for one fifth of skin care sales."
- "The world's oldest population is also one of the wealthiest, and they're ready to spend money on looking younger."
- "Mr. Wang : Then you know that China represents 20 percent of the world's population."
- "After all, you deserve the best treatment that only a very wealthy sub-section of the population can afford."
Still having difficulties with 'Population'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Population'? Share it with us!