English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
the population: the inhabitants, the people, the society, the citizens, the populace
- "Mr. Wang : Then you know that China represents 20 percent of the world's population."
- "We have a North Island and a South Island, our population is around 4.3 million, and our capital city is Wellington."
- "The most contagious (and potentially fatal) strain of the virus, called H5N1, has the potential to decimate the global bird population."
- "With around 20% of the British population currently falling into the "obese" category, and a further 40% being classified as "overweight", the government decided a change was necessary."
- "After all, you deserve the best treatment that only a very wealthy sub-section of the population can afford."
- "Despite making up only 2% of the world's population, the Japanese account for one fifth of skin care sales."
- "New York City: the homeless population has risen to a record level: over 300,000 people are sleeping in the streets."
- "Boston is also known for its large population of Irish and Italian immigrants!"
- "Australia's population is about 22 million, and our capital city is Canberra."
- "The world's oldest population is also one of the wealthiest, and they're ready to spend money on looking younger."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Population'? Share it with us!