Definition Power suit
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a power suit: a suit worn by 1980s businessmen in order to look important or authoritative
- "If so, here are my top tips for choosing your power suit"
- "The "power suit", the suit which gives its wearer a feeling of power and superiority, is back."
- "Navy blue is the best color for your power suit."
- "And my tips on what to wear with your power suit"
- "The "power suit" originated in the 1980s, and was typified by wide shoulder pads and sharp angles."
- "Your power suit should have pinstripes."
Still having difficulties with 'Power suit'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Power suit'? Share it with us!