English vocabulary and translations (See all)
preferably: ideally, I would like
I'd like to reserve a seat for this flight, preferably by the window.
- "6 cigars (Cuban preferably, but Dominican will do, I suppose)"
- "I found a discrepancy on my recent bank summary, and I was hoping to speak with someone who can attend to this problem. I'm sure that you are all quite busy, but I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive a call back from a manager, preferably sometime this afternoon."
- "Napkins (preferably with a proper birthday motif)"
- "Preferably a pretty one."
- "A simple tie (solid color or striped), preferably with a bit of red."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Preferably'? Share it with us!