English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a presence: an attendance, a state of being somewhere; an appearance, an aspect
Please do not insult me in Bruno's presence. Wait until he has left the room.
- "We'll be discussing the changing face of the cosmetics industry given the increased presence of Asian players on the market."
- "Caroline : I've done some research on Delavigne, and I'm fully aware of your current online presence, it's very exclusive."
- "It feels like a good time to consolidate Delavigne Corp's presence in the Asia-Pacific region."
- "You've got a very strong presence up there."
- "I say 'invite', but presence is compulsory."
- "Narrator : Thundera, the Siberian tiger, is surely the most formidable hunter of all, and an imposing presence in the meeting room. Here we see Philip Cheeter, head of sales, negotiating with the help of this magnificent tiger."
- "As you are one of the majority shareholders in the company and one of our primary investors, your presence is requested."
- "While the print media has indeed been critical of your company recently, we propose focusing on Delavigne's Internet presence to shift the narrative from tabloid gossip to the high quality profiles and experience of your staff."
- "A comprehensive inspection of your premises was conducted by myself in the presence of Mr. Horatio Oléré (Head of R&D) and Mr. Brian Jones (Laboratory Assistant) on Monday August 31."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Presence'? Share it with us!