English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
proper: appropriate, suitable, conventional; correct, right
UK: That isn't the proper way to clean the windows.
US: I want a proper dinner, not just a snack!
- "Vicar : Mr. Marron, you're not following the proper format at all."
- "Be sure to fill out the proper "Meeting Request Form" available on the intranet, and return it to me at least seven calendar days before the date of the scheduled meeting."
- "I did spill some coffee on my slacks, but I think I saved the receipt (for the coffee and the pants) so I can seek proper remuneration."
- "Also, be sure to give a proper warning to our staff."
- "Subject: Proper use of the copy machine"
- "Napkins (preferably with a proper birthday motif)"
- "You eat half a box of tissues for breakfast, the other half at lunchtime and then a proper meal in the evening."
- "I've never been stuck on an island before, I don't know the proper protocol."
Still having difficulties with 'Proper'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Proper'? Share it with us!