English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to recognize (a person): to know, to distinguish (a person)
I hadn't seen Jacob for 20 years, but I recognized him because his face hasn't changed at all.
- "The server is currently having trouble recognizing new computer accounts but we are hoping to resolve this problem within a few days."
- "A recent survey carried out at Kingston University has shown that an alarming 56% of managers who conduct interviews fail to recognize what constitutes an improper interview question."
- "Bruno : Some of you may recognize Donna's voice from the syndicated radio program "Call Donna" on Radio Rhubarb."
- "Do you recognize any landmarks?"
- "Perhaps you recognize my voice?"
- "Thanks to your initiatives we've been recognized as a progressive and forward-thinking enterprise by the press."
- "Delavigne Corp has revitalized its image by redesigning one of the most recognized symbols in the world of perfume and cosmetics: the Delavigne logo."
- "I won't be wearing a tie due to this afternoon's mishap, but you should be able to recognize me from the flower and the bloodstains on my trousers."
- "Horatio Oléré was recognized by a mountain goat, who immediately emailed our site, informing us that the millionaire shaman instigated a snowball fight with a band of peaceful Yetis."
- "OILS is a globally recognized organization, and we can be sure that any subcontractor who is approved by OILS is completely legitimate: their employees are of legal working age, they are treated fairly and are all paid the minimum wage or above."
Still having difficulties with 'Recognize'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Recognize'? Share it with us!