English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a scandal: a public disgrace, an outrage, an embarrassment
- "If you really want to risk possible public scandal, which will cost you much more than your precious profits, then go ahead and listen to Cheeter."
- "He and his media friends have been giving me trouble, and I'm afraid it's the last thing I need right now, what with my recent bear-shooting scandal."
- "Subject: Your latest scandal"
- "The company, at the center of hundreds of scandals in the last 10 years, ranging from illegal bear hunts to monkey abuse to laboratory explosions, just can't seem to get their act together."
- "After the Warbuckle sex scandal, the "Department Store massacre", the Warbuckle fake moon landing, and other indiscretions by the retail king, could this be the straw that breaks the camel's back?"
- "The London Ducky will bring you more on this scandal as it becomes more scandalous."
Still having difficulties with 'Scandal'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Scandal'? Share it with us!