English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to serve (food, a destination): to provide (food); to go to (a destination); to be of use, to be sufficient; to attend to
Have you been served yet? Did someone attend to you?
- "It seems that the new European president serves two masters: the people of the old continent as well as Delavigne, his employer for the past decade."
- "The three-storey building will primarily serve as an exhibition space for contemporary art."
- "Bruno : Betty had taken me to a restaurant where dishes were served in total darkness, where diners abandoned their vision and used only their other senses to experience the food they were eating."
- "I look forward to serving you in the future."
- "Serving alcohol to minors is illegal."
- "Greendog has a fleet of around 1,300 buses, and serves 1,500 destinations!"
- "Do you judge a man on the vintage of wine he serves after vigorously chasing a fox across the English countryside?"
- "As her delicate hands served each dish, each more exquisite than the last, my mind started to wander and I began to imagine a future with Betty by my side, maybe even as my wife."
- "and one Korean man spoke on the condition of anonymity: "I love dog - especially served with fresh peppers."
- "Yes, I demand recompense for the slaughter of my beloved companion, who served me so well over the years."
Still having difficulties with 'Serve'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Serve'? Share it with us!