English vocabulary and translations (See all)
severe: serious, potentially dangerous, strong; strict
UK: You're suffering from a severe case of flatulence.
US: I was severely injured by a bicycle once.
- "It seems our guided meditations combined with severe electroshock therapy have been truly beneficial for you."
- "Announcement : Ladies and Gentlemen, we regret to inform you that there are severe delays on the Hammersmith and City line, Circle and District line and the Central line."
- "It can be caused by a severe injury or a virus."
- "Philip has told me on numerous occasions that working with an OILS certified company would severely cut into our profit margins, which would not please our shareholders at all."
- "At our spacious and tranquil retreat, you will find a solution for all your earthly problems. Whether you have a serious alcohol or drug addiction, a troubled marriage, or are just severely disappointed in your gay children, we have a program for you!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Severe'? Share it with us!