English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a shelf: a flat, horizontal surface used to hold or display things (for example books or vases)
The plural of shelf is shelves.
UK: I am an expert at fixing shelves to walls.
US: My favorite magazines are those found on the top shelf.
- "Perfume shops all over Paris began to sell Delavigne fragrances on their shelves."
- "Offers us 6 months of exclusive exposure on Sheik Jafar's shelves"
- "It took him nearly twenty-five minutes to find a small flask of jasmine oil on the alphabetically arranged shelf of botanical extracts."
- "I could put your perfumes on the shelves of my stores by next week."
- "If you, err, take a look at my shelves, you can see that all the files there are arranged alphabetically."
- "Furthermore they have decided to add our line of lotions to their shelves."
- "Organization of space (for example, in your case, it may bode ill if your bottles of poison are kept on the same shelf as the herbal extracts)."
- "I should let you know that the Perfume Hut is already preparing to empty its shelves of all Delavigne products."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Shelf'? Share it with us!