English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to show up : to appear, to come, to arrive, to attend
He didn't show up to the meeting last week. We still don't know where he was, but he definitely wasn't in the meeting.
Finally you showed up! I have been waiting for you for an hour.
- "I doubt that my brother will be attending this year, but there's always a small chance that he'll show up."
- "I'm glad to see everyone showed up."
- "A crucial symbol isn't showing up on my monitor!"
- "Please be sure to show up next Tuesday afternoon, following lunch, at 2:15 in the boardroom. There will be coffee and cookies."
- "Please show up on time and wear loose-fitting clothing."
- "Only Icarus and his mother showed up."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Show up'? Share it with us!