English vocabulary and translations (See all)
simply: only, just, purely, solely, exclusively; absolutely
It's simply a question of time management. It's just about organizing your time well.
You simply have to see this movie. You absolutely should not miss it.
to put it simply to explain something in few words
- "Wherever you are, you guys are the real stars of Funky Friday, and you are simply beautiful!"
- "By simply accepting Mrs. Hughes' resignation, you could have spared the company this expense, which would have been greatly appreciated."
- "The idea is that a man can create a sense of untouchable, unquestionable power around himself simply by wearing the perfect suit: colleagues fear him, bosses respect him and clients trust him. All this, thanks to his suit."
- "You would have thought it would have taken more than simply changing - signs to + signs, but apparently this is all Leeson needed to do to give the impression of success for several months' worth of deals."
- "I simply say "You are fired" in my sexy (and largely incomprehensible) accent and the person limps out of the office with a big smile on their face."
- "However a boycott of imported and remotely-produced goods would be simply irrational."
- "Ira : Sounds to me like you're simply incompetent, making wild predictions and promises that you can never realistically honor!"
- "Now, if there are no further questions, I'll simply say that I look forward to my new role as the spokesbaby for the Delavigne Corporation, and the many challenges that lie ahead of me."
- "I simply want you to get to know your child and be involved in their life for the next 40 to 60 years."
- "We simply say "snubber-kadda-window-ziiiiiip"."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Simply'? Share it with us!