English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the sky: the area above the Earth, in which clouds, the sun, etc. can be seen
In the plural, 'sky' becomes skies.
- "Bored of the blue skies?"
- "And I was always wondering where the baby pigeons come from. Maybe they come from the sky."
- "Brian : For example, if I say it's wet and falls from the sky you say."
- "And our skies are grey"
- "Today I'm wearing a sky blue shirt, so I'll be using expressions related to the sky and the colour blue."
- "Joan : A sky flying machine!"
- "Down to the devil, or up to the sky?"
- "Horatio : This is a sky flying machine."
- "Greener Skies Ahead?"
- "to come out of the blue/out of a clear blue sky (this is my favourite today: sky AND blue!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Sky'? Share it with us!