English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
the sky: the area above the Earth, in which clouds, the sun, etc. can be seen
In the plural, "sky" becomes skies.
- "Horatio : This is a sky flying machine."
- "Today I'm wearing a sky blue shirt, so I'll be using expressions related to the sky and the colour blue."
- "Before we begin, let's check in with our "Eye in the Sky", Ray Upton, who joins us live from the Radio Rhubarb Traffic Copter 1."
- "to come out of the blue/out of a clear blue sky (this is my favourite today: sky AND blue!"
- "Joan : A sky flying machine!"
- "And our skies are grey"
- "Another airport official confirmed that Delavigne was inebriated, adding "He told his entourage to get on the ship and bring the wine, saying that it was time to 'take this party to the motherf***in skies"."
- "Down to the devil, or up to the sky?"
- "Before we go any further, let's check in with our "eye in the sky", Ray Upton for a quick traffic report."
- "Greener Skies Ahead?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Sky'? Share it with us!