English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
slowly: not quickly, at one's leisure, taking one's time
- "Our specialty is the costela: tender beef ribs, roasted slowly to preserve the natural juice of the meat."
- "Bruno : Slowly!"
- "An infamous raider, Mazerati started out as a minor shareholder in D&C and spent years slowly accumulating the majority of the company's stock, discreetly buying up shares from the struggling members of the Dulce and Carpaccio families without the knowledge or approval of other stockholders."
- "Bruno : Yes, but first I want you to put down the gun very slowly."
- "But please try and speak slowly."
- "Brian : Look, I have fingers, not fins, and if you observe closely, you'll see that I'm slowly drowning."
- "I'm going to say this slowly."
- "Day 3 : Our tasks include washing dishes, peeling potatoes, and having our spirit slowly crushed by the inexorable passing of time."
- "Jamaican girl : As slowly as I can."
- "", but Horatio gestured for me to stay quiet, placed the bag on my desk and backed out of the room slowly, without saying a word."
Still having difficulties with 'Slowly'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Slowly'? Share it with us!