English vocabulary and translations (See all)
slowly: not quickly, at one's leisure, taking one's time
- "Jamaican girl : As slowly as I can."
- "Bruno : Slowly!"
- "But please try and speak slowly."
- "I'm going to say this slowly."
- "Bruno : Yes, but first I want you to put down the gun very slowly."
- "An infamous raider, Mazerati started out as a minor shareholder in D&C and spent years slowly accumulating the majority of the company's stock, discreetly buying up shares from the struggling members of the Dulce and Carpaccio families without the knowledge or approval of other stockholders."
- "I asked 'What's going on?', but Horatio gestured for me to stay quiet, placed the bag on my desk and backed out of the room slowly, without saying a word."
- "Day 3 : Our tasks include washing dishes, peeling potatoes, and having our spirit slowly crushed by the inexorable passing of time."
- "Our specialty is the costela: tender beef ribs, roasted slowly to preserve the natural juice of the meat."
- "Brian : Look, I have fingers, not fins, and if you observe closely, you'll see that I'm slowly drowning."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Slowly'? Share it with us!