English vocabulary and translations (See all)
soccer (US): football, a ball game played by two teams of 11 players (David Beckham is a famous football/soccer player)
Most of the world refers to the sport of "football" as "football", however in the United States, the sport is known as Soccer.
- "They play soccer there, which they call "football"."
- "They don't have the patience to appreciate a beautiful game like soccer."
- "Or for you Americans out there, "soccer"."
- "And my point, Enriqué, is that soccer is stupid."
- "Enriqué : My point was only that soccer is not stupid."
- "Point: Soccer is stupid."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Soccer'? Share it with us!