English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a sort: a type, a genre, a style
I'm not used to this sort of party. This kind of event is completely new to me.
UK: I'm not used to this sort of party, do I have to get naked?
US: This hat is sort of ordinary, do you have anything else?
- "Bethany : He is sort of like a cucumber, isn't he?"
- "The folders are a sort of maroon, burgundy color."
- "Hey, what sort of product are you looking for?"
- "It looked sort of pinkish-brown to me."
- "I don't have the patience to listen to that sort of talk."
- "This sort of expenditure is frivolous and needless."
- "This sort of initiative has had remarkable success at such multinationals as Moogle."
- "This question soon became one of Cheeter's favourites: a sort of mantra which he repeated up until his death."
- "Susie : And what sort of time-scale would we be looking at?"
- "Clarence : What sort of salad, sir?"
Still having difficulties with 'Sort'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Sort'? Share it with us!