English vocabulary and translations (See all)
south: a direction, the opposite of north (the USA is south of Canada)
the South the southern part of the world or a country
- "His travels took him around the globe: north, south, east and west."
- "We have a North Island and a South Island, our population is around 4.3 million, and our capital city is Wellington."
- "Delavigne's travels took him around the globe: north, south, east and west."
- "The highest rates of weight gain per second were localized in the mid-west and the south (the so-called Fat Belt), however weight gain was steady from coast to coast, from California to New York."
- "I work for "South Australian Jobs Focus", and I'd like to encourage your listeners to come to live and work in South Australia."
- "Kimberly : South Kensington?"
- "Greg : So, I believe you're going to tell us about job opportunities in South Australia."
- "Kensington's alright, it ain't south of the river."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'South'? Share it with us!