English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a statue: a solid, three-dimensional representation of something (often a person. Michelangelo's "David", for example)
- "If the statue were going to be outside, I'm afraid it would corrode."
- "Consequently, I have decided to cancel the statue project, and give the allocated money for the statue to charity."
- "The Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Batman's house."
- "I was sitting innocently at my desk, daydreaming about my statue, when suddenly and inexplicably I fell out of my chair and onto the floor."
- "Jackson Bollocks : Well, it would be more like a blob than a statue."
- "So you want a 3-meter high statue of Bruno Delavigne – made out of glass!"
- "And don't forget the statue would need to be hollow so that we can put perfume inside it – like a real bottle."
- "I got too "big headed" wanting my own statue, and now I've been brought back down to earth with a bump – literally!"
- "Jackson : As you can see, I've produced some small prototypes of Mr Delavigne's statue in different materials: a mini-Delavigne made from glass;"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Statue'? Share it with us!