English vocabulary and translations (See all)
substantial: considerable, significant, big
I just lost a substantial amount of money, I now have to sell my house.
UK: I have lost a substantial amount of money in a casino.
US: You must eat a substantial meal every day.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "It is, how do you say, a substantial sum."
- "Susie : I can tell you that Bruno has given me authorization to negotiate freely, and we're prepared to make Miss Bümbüm a substantial offer."
- "Edward : Um, no, actually that means that you should give me a substantial pay rise."
- "The Perfume Hut will be undergoing some significant changes: substantial budget cuts, and major downsizing are in store for the company."
- "It could be quite substantial - my grandfather was very wealthy."
- "On behalf of the Delavigne Corporation I'm delighted to reward you with a substantial bonus and a magnum of Bordello Breeze perfume."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Substantial'? Share it with us!