Definition Supposed to
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(I) am supposed to (do the dishes): (I) am meant, expected, required, obliged to (do the dishes)
You were supposed to be here at 8 a.m. It's now 9 a.m. and you're late!
- "Philip : It's supposed to that, Edward."
- "Susie : So, Gymglish, how am I supposed to reply to this question?"
- "You're supposed to be inside!"
- "We're supposed to bring democracy to a small nation by Friday, and we don't even know where we're bringing it."
- "This is where I'm supposed to be!"
- "In my humble opinion, all of these radical crazies need to take a giant chill pill, but since I am supposed to remain somewhat objective, I will try to find some middle ground."
- "Horatio : How was I supposed to know that anacondas aren't carry-on luggage?"
- "It's supposed to be a love song."
- "How am I supposed to work like this?"
Still having difficulties with 'Supposed to'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Supposed to'? Share it with us!