English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a system: a set of connecting items or ideas, a way of doing something
We have a new system for dealing with customer complaints, we're a lot faster now.
- "The previously privately-owned DataSeed Systems has announced that the general public can finally own a piece of the successful company."
- "Our lab tests reveal nearly fatal levels of mescaline, bath salts and bong water in his system, as well as trace elements of orange juice and horse tranquilizer."
- "Oh anyway, my name is Fred Farmer and I'm calling from DataSeed Systems."
- "Due to an unexpected change in planning, the meeting on "security systems", originally scheduled for next Thursday, has been indefinitely postponed."
- "Studies show that the current "traffic light" labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "And he's helping us with our paper recycling system. He's very efficient at chewing confidential financial reports and, oh, he's just pooed on me!"
- "I'm pleased to announce that we are experimenting with the Automated Firing System (AFS)."
- "Well we don't use that system in Britain, but I can tell you that I graduated top of my class in Oxford, with a first class degree."
- "In an attempt to tackle the obesity epidemic, the British government today announced a new labelling system to be used on food."
- "A parallel system seems to me to be the only sensible solution to the smoking problem."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'System'? Share it with us!