Definition Take a call
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to take a call: to accept a telephone call, to speak on the phone
Excuse me, I have to take this call. I've been waiting for my mother to call me all day so I'm going to speak to her.
- "Should I take this one, sir?"
- "Let's take one more call."
- "I'm going to take this call."
- "It's 8 o'clock PM here in San Francisco, and it seems like a good time to take some phone calls from my listeners."
- "This is Donna Donovan, and I'll be back to take some more calls in a moment."
- "I'm busy and I can't take your call."
- "Looks like our phones are ringing off the hook, so let's take our first call, shall we?"
- "I'm sorry but I have to take this personal call."
- "I'm your host Dr. Donna Donovan and we'll start off by taking some phone calls."
- "There's a phone call for you, but you have to take it in my office."
Still having difficulties with 'Take a call'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Take a call'? Share it with us!