English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a tax: a charge, a duty, a rate, a levy, a tariff (usually paid to the state)
Don't forget to pay your taxes or they will put you in jail.
income tax the personal tax on annual income
an import tax a tax on imported goods
tax evasion a failure to pay one's taxes
tax-deductible exempt from inclusion in one's taxable income
- "Horatio : I don't even pay taxes!"
- "Are you just doing this for the tax benefits?"
- "In accordance with Intergalactic tax law 3.5, your planet will be destroyed."
- "'30 dollars plus tax' says the hairdresser."
- "'Forget the tax,' the blonde says, 'I'll use glue'!"
- "No more taxes!"
- "-Sir, why did you wait until the last minute to pay your taxes?"
- "These babies have husbands, wives, they pay taxes."
- "The trade-off is that we pay high income taxes."
- "I'm sick of the faxes and I'm sick of the taxes."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Tax'? Share it with us!