English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a 'techie', a 'tekkie': a technician
Techie or tekkie (informal use) is used to refer to people with technical skills, particularly in the areas of electronics or computers.
I have to show my computer to a techie. Hopefully, being a technician and having computer skills, he will be able to fix it.
UK: I am a computer techie.
US: If you have a problem with your computer then you should consult a techie.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Techie (Rajard) : Next, your shipping retrieval number is 307GX – 9999Q."
- "You San Francisco tekkies are amazing!"
- "Techie (Rajard) : Hello, Mr. Carter."
- "Techie (Rajard) : Lovely jubbley."
- "Techie (Rajard) : Ahh ha ha."
- "Techie (Rajard) : Let's see."
- "Techie (Rachel) : You're welcome, sir."
- "Techie (Rajard) : Okay."
- "Techie (Rachel) : You're welcome."
- "Techie (Rajard) : Yes, sir."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Techie'? Share it with us!