English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a television, a TV, a "telly": an electronic device that receives audio and visual signals and displays them on a screen
on television broadcast, shown, appearing in a program
- "I'm sure you've seen him on television."
- "Did you see Florence on TV last night?"
- "Philip : That's because you are the only person in the room – she's on TV, dude."
- "Not being able to read is a serious disadvantage in this modern world where writing is everywhere: on television, on billboards, on the Internet, in magazines."
- "They watch games live on TV, despite the time differences."
- "Candy: I'm in Starbucks, Brent, enjoying a Frappuccino, and watching the news on TV."
- "Bruno : Lastly, on Thursday from 11.45pm until a quarter past midnight, please record the best cooking show on TV – "Sex in the Kitchen"."
- "Man on television : Hi."
- "I'm watching the commercials on TV!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Television'? Share it with us!