Definition To be right
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to be right: to be correct, accurate, true
The customer is always right, unless they want a refund, in which case they are always wrong.
- "Philip : Oh my god, you're right!"
- "Bruno : I hope you're right, Admiral."
- "I'm afraid to say you were right."
- "I hope you're right."
- "Hey Jean, it looks like you were right!"
- "General Rainbow Child : You're right!"
- "Warbuckle : Hey Philip, your prediction was right – this New Year's party is full of beautiful women!"
- "Even though you were right to voice your concerns about Doris May's recent dip in performance, I cannot condone the manner in which you did it."
- "Yeah, you're right."
- "Hannah : Well, even if you're right for this example, an encyclopedia isn't about cows, it's about complicated things like politics, or history, or language."
Still having difficulties with 'To be right'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To be right'? Share it with us!