Definition To deduct
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to deduct: to subtract, to debit, to remove, to take off
I will deduct the cost of your new chair from your pay.
- "Would you like me to go ahead and deduct the money?"
- "For some reason, the "perfume counter" wasn't deducting units of Moulin Magic from the inventory when they were sold and left the warehouse."
- "Polly : Mr. Connors, if you still wish to travel in business class, the extra cost will be deducted from your next check."
- "Icarus : Actually, Terrance, the term "bottom line" refers to the "net income" of the company, which indicates the earnings that remain after deducting taxes and other amounts."
- "I suggest that it be deducted from your salary in monthly installments of 300 dollars for the next four months."
- "The cost of this will be deducted from your wages."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To deduct'? Share it with us!