Definition To take an opportunity
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to take the opportunity (to do sth): to use the chance or occasion (to do sth)
- "I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Icarus and his mother for making the effort to come along."
- "PS: I would also like to take this opportunity to note that dancing shoes are not required, as several attendees mistakenly wore dancing attire to the last meeting."
- "I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to the first of a series of focus groups the marketing department will be holding over the coming weeks, so please reserve the above date in your diaries."
- "While I have your attention, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask you for a refund (my booking reference number is attached)."
- "At the same time I would also like to take that opportunity to briefly review Delavigne's latest offering of products and services, and perhaps even convince you to have dinner with me."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To take an opportunity'? Share it with us!