English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a tomato: a round red fruit with a lot of seeds which is eaten cooked or raw in salads
- "Bruno : Well, I'll have a tomato juice then, I guess."
- "Potato, "pohtato", tomato, "tomahto", let's call the whole thing off."
- "A cool glass of rainwater, perhaps, with some nice organic tomatoes served on recycled plates?"
- "Donna : I'll have a tomato juice please."
- "I always have tomato juice when I fly."
- "Donna : A tomato juice."
- "Tomatoes grown in Spain and transported to the UK have much less of an impact than the same tomatoes grown in greenhouses in the UK, which require electricity to light and heat them."
- "I say tomato, you say tomato, I say potato, you say potato, but ironically enough I don't understand a word you're saying."
Still having difficulties with 'Tomato'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Tomato'? Share it with us!