English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a tornado: a whirlwind, a twister, a hurricane, a strong gale
- "I'm actually standing approximately half a mile from the tornado right now."
- "I can actually see the tornado now, it must be getting bigger!"
- "Today I am in the state of Oklahoma: famous for its tornadoes."
- "For the past two weeks, there have been constant thunderstorms here, and the winds have reached speeds of 200 miles per hour, which usually indicates that there's a tornado on its way."
- "I've heard that tornadoes can be dangerous."
- "Did you know, the average number of tornadoes per year in Oklahoma is about fifty-two?"
- "Jean : Well, you have tsunamis, tornados, sea monsters, aquamen, giant calamari, zucchinis."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Tornado'? Share it with us!