Definition United kingdom
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
the United Kingdom (UK): England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland as a group
- "They go back to the UK laden with jeans, designer shoes, CDs and Epods."
- "Tomatoes grown in Spain and transported to the UK have much less of an impact than the same tomatoes grown in greenhouses in the UK, which require electricity to light and heat them."
- "They go back to the UK with suitcases full of jeans, designer shoes, CDs and Epods."
- "Even in the UK, not many people get large state pensions any more."
- "Britons buy slice of American pie: UK citizens investing more and more in the American housing market"
- "The world awaits the launch of Mile High Airways, the brainchild of UK entrepreneur Sir Rufus Ruthless."
- "BRONZE - Goldie The Golden Retriever (UK)"
- "Brian Jones (UK) won a silver medal in Flirting with the opposite sex ."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'United kingdom'? Share it with us!