English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the United Kingdom (UK): England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland as a group
- "The world awaits the launch of Mile High Airways, the brainchild of UK entrepreneur Sir Rufus Ruthless."
- "They go back to the UK laden with jeans, designer shoes, CDs and Epods."
- "Britons buy slice of American pie: UK citizens investing more and more in the American housing market"
- "Even in the UK, not many people get large state pensions any more."
- "They go back to the UK with suitcases full of jeans, designer shoes, CDs and Epods."
- "Tomatoes grown in Spain and transported to the UK have much less of an impact than the same tomatoes grown in greenhouses in the UK, which require electricity to light and heat them."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'United kingdom'? Share it with us!