English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
versus: against, opposing, in competition with
- "I'm here to cover the second leg of the Champions League semi-final: Milan versus Manchester United."
- "The case of Jones, Brian Jones versus Corp, Delavigne Corp will now commence."
- "We will now hear the case of Delavigne vs Delavigne."
- "How is the Simmonds versus Goldberg case coming along?"
- "We had been debating the pros and cons of exploiting inexpensive but possibly illegal labor, versus taking the "high road" and using only suppliers with a proven record on human rights working standards."
- "I'd like your opinion on the North versus South divide."
Still having difficulties with 'Versus'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Versus'? Share it with us!