English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a wing: a movable organ or object used for flying; birds, insects and airplanes have two wings
the penguin has wings, but it can't fly
the plane's wing broke as it fell into the sea
In the figurative sense:
a left-wing candidate a liberal candidate
a right-wing newspaper a conservative newspaper
- "The solar panels are mounted on the wings."
- "Her heavenly wings reached out from the TV and stole my heart."
- "No pigeons were harmed in the making of this film, although there are those who say they're pests, rats with wings."
- "1 x bucket chicken wings"
- "Sorry about the barbecue sauce on her wings."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wing'? Share it with us!