English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a wing: a movable organ or object used for flying; birds, insects and airplanes have two wings
the penguin has wings, but it can't fly
the plane's wing broke as it fell into the sea
In the figurative sense:
a left-wing candidate a liberal candidate
a right-wing newspaper a conservative newspaper
- "Sorry about the barbecue sauce on her wings."
- "Her heavenly wings reached out from the TV and stole my heart."
- "1 x bucket chicken wings"
- "The solar panels are mounted on the wings."
- "No pigeons were harmed in the making of this film, although there are those who say they're pests, rats with wings."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wing'? Share it with us!