English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a wing: a movable organ or object used for flying; birds, insects and airplanes have two wings
the penguin has wings, but it can't fly
the plane's wing broke as it fell into the sea
In the figurative sense:
a left-wing candidate a liberal candidate
a right-wing newspaper a conservative newspaper
- "1 x bucket chicken wings"
- "Her heavenly wings reached out from the TV and stole my heart."
- "Sorry about the barbecue sauce on her wings."
- "The solar panels are mounted on the wings."
- "No pigeons were harmed in the making of this film, although there are those who say they're pests, rats with wings."
Still having difficulties with 'Wing'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wing'? Share it with us!