Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Todos Vocabulario inglés)
Traducción & Definición
despite: a pesar de
Despite va directamente seguido de un sujeto (o de un verbo en gerundio):
Despite his size, he was a very good athlete. A pesar de su tamaño, era muy buen atleta. (O In spite of his size...)
Despite eating burgers every day, she never gains weight. No engorda a pesar de comer hamburguesas todo el día.
UK: I enjoyed our trip to the Seychelles, despite the weather.
US: Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
- "Despite their reputation for spontaneous combustion in the 1930s, airships are back."
- "Despite making up only 2% of the world's population, the Japanese account for one fifth of skin care sales."
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "It's true that Stickypedia is maintained by anonymous volunteers rather than renowned experts, but despite this, it works remarkably well!"
- "Delavigne, San Francisco's renowned playboy, insisted on piloting the balloon himself, despite having only minimal experience flying dirigibles, and smelling of liquor."
- "Despite gloomy financial forecasts for its competitors, the perfume giant is set to have one of their most successful Christmases ever with sales up 15% since this time last year."
- "However, despite my tastes and means, I cannot be expected to keep buying fine art out of my own pocket, and I will bring up the matter of finances at the next shareholders meeting."
- "Despite these steps, the server is still on its death bed."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Despite' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Despite'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!