Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
despite: a pesar de
Despite va directamente seguido de un sujeto (o de un verbo en gerundio):
Despite his size, he was a very good athlete. A pesar de su tamaño, era muy buen atleta. (O In spite of his size...)
Despite eating burgers every day, she never gains weight. No engorda a pesar de comer hamburguesas todo el día.
UK: I enjoyed our trip to the Seychelles, despite the weather.
US: Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
- "Despite making up only 2% of the world's population, the Japanese account for one fifth of skin care sales."
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "Anyway, despite your commendable efforts, I have decided it would be best to hire the janitor through a cleaning agency."
- "Despite their reputation for spontaneous combustion in the 1930s, airships are back."
- "However, despite my tastes and means, I cannot be expected to keep buying fine art out of my own pocket, and I will bring up the matter of finances at the next shareholders meeting."
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "It's true that Stickypedia is maintained by anonymous volunteers rather than renowned experts, but despite this, it works remarkably well!"
- "Despite gloomy financial forecasts for its competitors, the perfume giant is set to have one of their most successful Christmases ever with sales up 15% since this time last year."
- "Despite these steps, the server is still on its death bed."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Despite'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Despite'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!