Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
Note: This construction requires a verb in the ING form (when followed by a verb):
I'm trying to prevent him from resigning. Trato de impedir que dimita.
My research is on preventing cancer. Investigo acerca de la prevención del cáncer.
to prevent: prevenir, evitar, impedir
UK: Eating fresh fruit is supposed to prevent cancer.
US: My wife prevented me from going to the strip club.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "It is guaranteed to prevent crime (as long as it's used in combination with several other methods, which I am also researching)."
- "I would have replied earlier, however my accounting obligations prevented me from checking my e-mail until the early afternoon, and then an unfortunate incident occurred during my bathroom break, when my neck tie got caught in the zipper of my pants."
- "I personally have numerous allergies which prevent me from smelling properly -"
- "- Never deactivate the firewall we have installed for you, even if it prevents you from accessing certain websites (which are, as it happens, not appropriate for the workplace)."
- "In order to prevent the transmission of diseases in the workplace, I have put in place a new initiative that will encourage people to wash their hands after using the bathroom. I am reluctant to reveal too much information regarding the protocol as it may compromise its effectiveness."
- "The scarf would protect the birds by preventing them from breathing in infected air particles."
- "Doctors believe that drinking red wine in moderation prevents cancer, heart disease and other ailments."
- "The museum staff hopes to discourage criminals from attending the exhibit, and wishes to prevent them from even approaching the venue."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Prevent'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Prevent'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!