to prefer: préférer
I prefer to negotiate in person. Je préfère négocier en personne.
a preference: une préférence
- "Susie : I thought you said that you preferred men."
- "We would prefer not to expel you from the program, as your money means a lot to us."
- "Bruno : Susie, I can't marry you because I prefer men."
- "This is why I prefer driving drunk."
- "What you do in your own time is up to you, however since there is a high risk that this demonstration could erupt in violence, I would prefer that no one leave work early to attend."
- "Please note that I have some friends I'd like to see in London, so I would prefer we didn't socialise together."
- "If it's ok, I prefer assistant."
- "I prefer the right."
- "I prefer milk."
- "Brian : Um, well um… actually I do have quite a slight preference for…"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Prefer' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !