Traduction & Vocabulaire anglais (Voir nos fiches de vocabulaire anglais)
Vous souhaitez progresser en anglais ? Testez nos cours d'anglais gratuitement !
to be unable (to do sthg): ne pas pouvoir, être dans l'incapacité de (faire qq chose)
I am unable to make it to your party Friday night. Je ne peux pas venir à ta soirée vendredi soir.
Mr. Warbuckle's accountant was unable to balance his books before the tax deadline. Le comptable de M. Warbuckle a été incapable de présenter le bilan des comptes avant la date limite fiscale.
- "Me, because I'm unable to smell, and Horatio because he creates smells."
- "Air Traffic Controller : I'm unable to identify you on radar."
- "I am unable to reach you by telephone, so I am writing you this e-mail in regards to a patient who checked in at 3 AM this morning."
- "Space Base Alpha : Unable to comply with your request."
- "Please, get in touch with Charlie (I no longer have any record of his number but I'm hoping you still have it written down somewhere) and explain that I will be unable to attend the concert tonight."
- "Unfortunately, I am unable to give you more information regarding my position and purpose, because then I would have to kill you."
- "I am unable to take this holiday because my elderly mother fell down the stairs and broke her hip."
- "Unfortunately, the gentleman I was planning to take with me is unable to attend, so his ticket is up for grabs!"
- "As a vegetarian, I was unable to eat your "vegetable" soup."
- "No human casualties were reported, although it is believed that the goose was unable to survive its devastating injuries."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Unable' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !
Vous avez une 'combine' pour vous souvenir de 'Unable' ? Partagez-le avec nous !