Vocabulário inglês e traduções (Ver todos)
to be unable (to do sthg): não poder, ser incapaz de (fazer algo)
I am unable to make it to your party Friday night. Eu não posso vir à sua festa sexta-feira à noite.
Mr. Warbuckle's accountant was unable to balance his books before the tax deadline. O contador do Sr. Warbuckle não foi capaz de apresentar o balanço das contas antes da data fiscal limite.
- "No human casualties were reported, although it is believed that the goose was unable to survive its devastating injuries."
- "Unfortunately, the gentleman I was planning to take with me is unable to attend, so his ticket is up for grabs!"
- "Air Traffic Controller : I'm unable to identify you on radar."
- "Me, because I'm unable to smell, and Horatio because he creates smells."
- "As a vegetarian, I was unable to eat your 'vegetable' soup."
- "Unfortunately, I am unable to give you more information regarding my position and purpose, because then I would have to kill you."
- "I am unable to take this holiday because my elderly mother fell down the stairs and broke her hip."
- "Please, get in touch with Charlie (I no longer have any record of his number but I'm hoping you still have it written down somewhere) and explain that I will be unable to attend the concert tonight."
- "I am unable to reach you by telephone, so I am writing you this e-mail in regards to a patient who checked in at 3 AM this morning."
- "Space Base Alpha : Unable to comply with your request."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Unable'? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!
Você tem um truque para lembrar a palavra 'Unable'? Compartilhe com a gente!