a couple of (days): deux ou trois (jours)
I've been to Paris a couple of times. Je suis déjà allé à Paris deux ou trois fois.
a (gay) couple: un couple (gay)
- "I had sex a couple of days ago."
- "Rupert : The pirates are demanding a ransom of $2 million for the safe return of the hostages, believed to be a couple in their thirties."
- "Daydream, I fell asleep amid the flowers, for a couple of hours."
- "- There's a couple of numbers missing from your social security..."
- "They are a typical Australian couple, and they are going to welcome us in their typical Australian home."
- "Follow me, young man, there's a couple of spare seats in first class."
- "I've added a couple of notes of my own (in red)."
- "Bruno : Hi, I'm in town on business for a couple of days and I was wondering if you could give me some recommendations."
- "We've got a couple of dead ones!"
- "Warbuckle : Well well well, Philip, look at the two of us: a couple of sad and lonely workaholics stuck at the office on New Year's Eve!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'A couple of' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !