to admit: admettre, reconnaître, avouer
Admit it! You've fallen in love with somebody else! Admets-le! Tu es tombé amoureux de quelqu'un d'autre!
I must admit that I was a little worried. Je dois reconnaître que j'étais un peu inquiet.
to admit someone to hospital: hospitaliser quelqu'un
- "Harold : Well, this is a little difficult for me to admit, Bruno."
- "He admits it!"
- "Fall to bits, I confess, I admit, I'm impressed."
- "Icarus : Buh Buh Buh... Okay, I admit it!"
- "I'll be the first to admit that violence doesn't solve anything."
- "Bruno : Well Danica, I have to admit this isn't how I envisioned our family reunion, but I am very happy to have you back in my life."
- "Steffi : Well, I admit that the samples we received were a success with the buying commission, our compliments to the creator."
- "Jean : Brian, I admit that I understand very little of what you say."
- "Hannah : Ok Icarus, I admit it: Stickypedia's page on "geek" is excellent."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Admit' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !