to afford: avoir les moyens de, être capable de
We cannot afford to lose anymore time. Nous ne pouvons pas nous permettre de perdre plus de temps.
I will soon be able to afford a nice vacation. Je vais bientôt avoir les moyens de m'offrir de bonnes vacances.
affordable (price): (prix) acceptable, dans ses moyens
This car is affordable. Cette voiture est dans mes moyens.
- "In fact, spend more than you can really afford."
- "And then I'm supposed to have a meeting with Philip and talk about the sales budget for the next quarter, and I just know he's going to ask me for more stuff that I can't afford to allocate him, and - well - you know what Philip's like, and... It's just too much, mommy!"
- "I can't afford hot..."
- "How can you afford to live there?"
- "Spend as much money as you can afford."
- "Unfortunately, the current economic climate has led to budget cuts, and the corporation cannot afford to take you on a guided tour of the park."
- "The average American family can't afford to dine in sit down restaurants anymore."
- "Bruno : Unfortunately, the current economic climate has led to budget cuts, and the Corporation cannot afford to take you on a guided tour of the Park."
- "After all, you deserve the best treatment that only a very wealthy sub-section of the population can afford."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Afford' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !