among, amongst: parmi, entre
among us parmi nous
among other things entre autres choses
Among et amongst ont un sens équivalent. Among est plutôt employé en anglais américain, alors que amongst est davantage utilisé en Grande Bretagne ou en Australie.
UK: I enjoy knitting and reading, amongst other things.
US: One of you among us is a traitor.
- "Staff : (talking amongst themselves)"
- "The goal is to create understanding amongst your colleagues."
- "A new report published by the BNB (Bad News Bearers) shows that obesity among Americans is not slowing down, as naive idealists continue to suggest, but rather growing at a nearly exponential rate."
- "I am delighted to announce that the first six months of this year have been among the most successful in the Delavigne Corporation's history."
- "It is Delavigne's biggest seller Down Under (in Australia), and had been among the most popular fragrances for men aged 25-40 until recently."
- "Delavigne Corp, already considered a maverick in the cosmetics industry for its staunch refusal to use animals in the testing of its products, hopes to promote ecological awareness among customers as well as take advantage of a new wave of environmental consciousness brought to national attention by the recent bestseller "Global Warming: It's all your fault"."
- "For the last century, Delavigne has been among the industry leaders in cosmetics and perfumes."
- "Lack of sleep leads to irritability, poor behavior and trouble with relationships, especially among children and teens."
- "In 1933, Xavier opened "La Parfumerie Xavier Delavigne", which became a favorite amongst locals."
- "It's the most listened to genre of music among angry white teenagers."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Among' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !