an arrest: une arrestation
There were several arrests following the demonstration. Il y a eu plusieurs arrestations après la manifestation.
to be under arrest: être en état d'arrestation
They're under arrest until further notice. Ils sont en état d'arrestation jusqu'à nouvel ordre.
to arrest somebody: arrêter quelqu'un
The police arrested the suspect outside his house. La police a arrêté le suspect à l'extérieur de sa maison.
- "Bruno : Herbert, I haven't heard from you since you got arrested at that party in Vegas."
- "Barry Trotter, the A-list celebrity wizard, was arrested for drunk driving or in this case drunk flying, this morning in central London."
- "Horatio : General, I mean Rainbow Child, am I still under arrest?"
- "Simpson was arrested by police driving at 180 miles an hour with a small horse in the passenger seat."
- "It turned out she had a twin sister who used to act in... adult films. The director of one of her films was a friend of a drug dealer who got arrested and put in prison."
- "Police : Mr. Warbuckle, you're under arrest for driving under the influence."
- "You are under arrest for detonating a nuclear bomb in the Pacific Ocean."
- "Oléré was later arrested for public nudity."
- "Hannah : I'm not under arrest, am I?"
- "Trotter, best known for his incredible feats of magic, adorable little smile and the bizarre lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, was arrested after police found the boy circling drunkenly around Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Arrested' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !