to award (a prize to someone): attribuer, décerner (un prix à qq'un)
an award: un prix, une récompense, un trophée
to award: primer, récompenser
UK: He was awarded $5,000 in damages.
US: She won an award at the film festival.
- "This is obviously a great honor, and a few of us will be flying to Los Angeles next week for the award ceremony."
- "Philip : Nominated for a Smelly Award."
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, "Adonis for men", has been nominated for a "Smelly" award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
- "In the event of flight cancellations, compensation will be awarded."
- "Give me the award!"
- "After six months of record sales, Philip was awarded the position of Director, which he held ever since."
- "Watching your "performance" yesterday at the Smelly Awards, I felt a wide spectrum of emotions: Disappointment."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, here are the nominees for the Smelly Award for "Male fragrance of the year"."
- "On the Internet, the clip of you at the award show has been viewed over a million times, and hits on the Delavigne website have quadrupled since last night..."
- "Accepting this award is Kalvin Krime himself."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Award' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !