to base something on: baser/fonder quelque chose sur
to be based in/at/around: être basé, situé à
(a Paris-)based (company): (une société) basée, fondée (à Paris)
A San Francisco-based corporation Une société dont le siège est à San Francisco (ou "une société située à San Francisco")
UK: I'm basing my new film on a book by J R Hartley.
US: We are a Paris-based company specializing in dogs.
- "Conclusions : Sarah Delavigne, San Francisco-based trapeze artist, is excluded as the biological mother of Bruno Delavigne."
- "Here in this San Francisco-based perfume company, man and beast are working in perfect harmony to create a veritable garden of Eden."
- "1990–Present Marmoset Circus (based in San Francisco)"
- "Conclusions : Bruno Delavigne, defendant and San Francisco-based businessman, is excluded as the biological father of plaintiff, Danica Delavigne, Australian-born troublemaker."
- "allowed me to witness the manufacturing process of a new perfume based on the scent of citrus fruits and mangoes."
- "Salary: 40-45K, based on experience"
- "The Delavigne Corporation, the San Francisco-based perfume manufacturer, announced the completion of the Delavigne Gallery last week, an ambitious new project in New York that combines art, perfume and architecture."
- "During the booking process, passengers can select the cabin crew for their flight, based on photos and body measurements."
- "Please find below our personalized suggestions for new profiles for your managers on the social media site, LockedIn, based on what we know about each of them. We think that this "facelift" will improve the company's reputation and even provide new business opportunities."
- "Must be based locally."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Base' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !