both: les deux, à la fois
Look both ways before crossing the street. Regardez les deux côtés de la rue avant de traverser.
He is both my brother and my friend. Il est à la fois mon frère et mon ami.
both (you) and (me): à la fois (toi) et (moi)
- "Because both of our bosses are gone, I would like to nominate myself as interim interim CEO."
- "You oversee all sales - both wholesale and retail - and lead the sales department as well as working with your own key clients."
- "I just want to reassure you that you're both bad, and that song was certainly double bad."
- "Icarus : Using high pitch frequencies emitted by the global positioning device in Bruno's helicopter, and then cross referencing them both with the amount of fuel in the helicopter as well as all known latitude and longitudes in both the eastern and western hemispheres, I was able to project Bruno and Susie's trajectory and landing location within one kilometer!"
- "Her accent both confuses and arouses me."
- "In my mind, a birthday is no different than a funeral - both events indicate that you are moving closer to being lowered into the ground."
- "Train employees (both female and male) depressed me with their glamour, slenderness, and orange make-up."
- "I assume you both want to go?"
- "Bruno : Listen, Brian, I'm sorry but we both agreed, if I let you become president of Europe AND keep your job at Delavigne, you would need to be willing to make some sacrifices."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Both' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !