to break (something): casser (quelque chose)
Who broke my computer? Qui a cassé mon ordinateur?
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I break / I broke / I have broken
a break: une pause, une interruption, une cassure, une rupture
UK: Shall we take a break for five minutes?
US: I broke my computer last night. I'm always breaking things.
- "Did you have your heart broken?"
- "'Cause that would break my heart."
- "Although the media has been banned from the meetings, sources have reported yelling, dogs barking, and numerous bottles breaking during the negotiations."
- "Your business card was attached to the patient's buttocks with chewing gum. He refuses to reveal his name, and broke a fire-extinguisher during check in."
- "Edward : I think I broke my chakra."
- "My AC unit is broken!"
- "The nose is broken."
- "Edward : I think you broke my appendix, sir."
- "Voice : Who dares disturb the Illuminati during our lunch break?"
- "Examples: "She still hasn't apologized for breaking my heart or my nose."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Break' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !