(to be) calm: (être) tranquille, serein, calme, paisible
Even though the snake was sliding slowly up my leg, I tried to stay calm. Même si le serpent était en train de monter sur ma jambe, j'ai essayé de rester calme.
to calm down: se calmer
- "MacCheeter : Alright everyone, calm the $&%# down!"
- "Icarus : You've been blessed with a calm temperament, Brian."
- "Children, please try to keep calm. We're almost finished with the tour."
- "Trey : Please try to stay calm, Miss."
- "All is calm -"
- "I prefer calm, relaxing music with bells and triangles."
- "I have included an audio file of the patient during one of his calmer periods."
- "Philip (MacCheeter) : Alright everyone, calm the $&%# down!"
- "I've developed a deep understanding of human reactions, which makes me the ideal candidate to interact with customers in a professional, calm and composed fashion."
- "Keep calm."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Calm' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !