a challenge: un défi, un challenge
to challenge (somebody, a decision): défier, braver (quelqu'un); contester, récuser (une décision)
challenging: stimulant, ambitieux, motivant
Climbing Everest wasn't challenging enough for me, so I swam to the moon. Escalader l'Everest n'était pas assez motivant pour moi. J'ai donc nagé jusqu'à la Lune.
- "Set challenging targets!"
- "I have ten years' experience in the customer service field, as well as management experience in a local telemarketing firm. The challenging environments in which I've worked have taught me to think on my feet, communicate clearly and always remain polite and professional while dealing with callers."
- "Instead, you're going to be taking part in some exciting, challenging, and extremely dangerous missions..."
- "Joan Wayne attempted to scare the shark by firing at its dorsal fin, then challenged the shark to a duel, running into the water with pistols drawn."
- "We mustn't forget that Philip is mentally challenged."
- "Bruno : Instead, you're going to be taking part in some exciting, challenging, and extremely dangerous missions..."
- "Well, the ultimate salesperson needed the ultimate challenge."
- "At night, to survive becomes a real challenge."
- "Now, if there are no further questions, I'll simply say that I look forward to my new role as the spokesbaby for the Delavigne Corporation, and the many challenges that lie ahead of me."
- "The work is sometimes challenging but it'll be an excellent opportunity for a young man like you to prove himself."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Challenge' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !