a claim: une revendication, une demande, une affirmation, une déclaration
We have always doubted his claims of innocence. Nous avons toujours douté de son innocence.
a claim for damages une réclamation pour dommages et intérêts
to claim: revendiquer, prétendre
He claims that he has never seen her before. Il prétend qu'il ne l'a jamais vue avant.
I don't claim to be an expert in French cuisine. Je ne prétends pas être un expert en matière de cuisine française.
He is not who he claims to be. Il n'est pas la personne qu'il prétend être.
UK: She's made a claim for damages against her employer.
US: He claimed to be the son of a millionaire.
- "That goes for all the shareholders you "claim" to represent."
- "Critics claim that the best ingredients don't always come from your region and that transport is only one element of a food's environmental impact."
- "Monday : Eyewitnesses claim to have seen the diminutive juice magnate on the beaches of St."
- "- Don't be stupid enough to respond in any way to unsolicited or suspicious mail claiming to be from a bank."
- "A team of French scientists is claiming a major breakthrough in the fight against the avian influenza virus (or "bird flu"): a bird-sized scarf made of wool."
- "But is this man really who he claims to be?"
- "Another claim Smithson makes is that stress can be a good thing for pregnant women and their babies, citing "faster nerve transmission and perhaps even a greater brain development" in babies whose mothers had been subjected to moderate stress in mid-to-late pregnancy."
- "You dealt with minor setbacks like Luna DeLune's absurd claim that her LunaBot "had bad energy" (we checked the voltage, she was fine)."
- "One California man thought that he would get a top-level position in a large corporation by claiming he was a member of the Kennedy family."
- "At 2.20pm Luna DeLune claims to have seen Icarus Quincy and Bruno having a heated argument by the coffee machine."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Claim' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !